Akashi Kaikyo National Government Park – Kobe Area
What is the Akashi Kaikyo National Government Park?
The Akashi Kaikyo National Government Park is centered around the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge, and consists of an Awaji area, and a Kobe area. The total size of these two areas is 330ha. The fundamental principle of the park is to create an area where “Humans and nature co-exist, and people can meet”.
The concept of Awaji area is to create a recreational space near the shore, with that of the Kobe area (affectionately known as “Aina Satoyama Park”) being a Satochi and Satoyama cultural park. The aims of the park are to preserve and restore the area’s Satochi-satoyama scenery, allow city dwellers to experience Satoyama, and provide a variety of educational programs.
Aina Satoyama Park Guidebook Download
What kind of place is the Aina Satoyama Park?
- An area where visitors can enjoy seasonal Satoyama scenery.
- The park offers a variety of educational programs that allow anyone to experience the nature of Satoyama, living with Satoyama, as well as cultural programs.
- It aims to protecting the diverse nature of Satochi-satoyama, while maintaining the history and culture of the region.
- It also aims to gain the cooperation of local citizens’ groups to maintain the park and provide cultural programs, and operate the park in connection with other nearby parks.
|Apr 1–Aug 31||9:30–18:00|
|Sep 1–Oct 31||9:30–17:00|
|Nov 1–End of Feb||9:30–16:00|
* Last admission is one hour before closing.
Year-end and New Year (Dec 31 & Jan 1), two weekdays of February
|Aged 65 & over||Adult (15 or above)||Child (Elementary/Junior high school)|
|General||210 yen||410 yen||80 yen|
|Groups||210 yen||290 yen||50 yen|
|Year-round Passport Tickets||2,100 yen||4,100 yen||800 yen|
- Children under 6 years old: Free admission.
- Handicapped: Holders of a physical disability certificate, rehabilitation certificate, or mental illness disability certificate, along with one carer, may enter free of charge.
- Groups: Applied for groups of 20 or more, of elementary school age or higher (includes holders of the aforementioned disability certificates, as well as Year-round Passport Tickets).
Standard/Passenger Vehicles \500; Large Vehicles \1,600; Motorbikes \100
By Train/On Foot
- Take Hankyu Dentetsu from Kobe-Sannomiya Station to Shinkaichi Station. Change to the Kobe Dentetsu Ao Line and alight at Aina Station. 20 minutes on foot from the station to the Aina Pedestrian Entrance (Approx 60 mins in total).
- Take the Kobe Municipal Subway from Shin-Kobe Station to Minatogawa-Koen Station. Change to the Kobe Dentetsu Ao Line alight at Aina Station. 20 minutes on foot from the station to the Aina Pedestrian Entrance (Approx 60 mins in total).
- Approximately 15 minutes on the free bus from Shiawase-no-mura Honkan-mae to Aina Satoyama Park Nagayamon Gate (There are also city buses leaving from Sannomiya and Myodani Station).
*Please see the following map for more information on how to get to Shiawase-no-mura.
From “Shiawase-no-mura Connected Entrance”
- Expressway: Make a right turn from the “Shiawase-no-mura Entrance/Exit” on the Hanshin Expressway Kita-Kobe Route.
- Local Streets: Enter Shiawase-no-mura, entrance is to the north of the Campervan area.
Entry from Ainaguchi Entrance (Special Events)
(only used during large events, on days when prior notification of entrance being open has been provided).
- Take a right turn at the Hanshin Expressway Kita-Kobe Route “Aina IC” exit, and head west along the Oubu-Akashi road (National Road 52) for 5 minutes.
* No right hand entrance/exit from Oubu-Akashi road.
For more information & inquiries
Akashi Kaikyo National Government Park Kobe Area
“Aina Satoyama Park” Management Center
Tashiro, Aina, Yamada-cho, Kita-ku, Kobe City 651-1104
Tel: +81(0)78-591-8000 Fax: +81(0)78-591-8001
Aina Satoyama Park Open Area Map
1. Dengo-no-ie (Traditional House)
2. Satoyama Information House
3. Nouson Butai (Farm Village Theatre)
4. Satoyama Community House and Woodworking Studio
5. Shirabeshi-no-ie (Traditional House)
6. Shirabeshi Tanada (Terraced Rice Fields)
7. Shirabeshi Terraced Fields
8. Bondo Hill
9. Kouno Rice Field
10. Soudagatsuji-no-ie (Traditional House)
11. Shirogatani Tanada (Terraced Rice Fields)
12. Satoyama Forest Area
13. Azalea Square
14. Medaka (Japanese Rice Fish) Pond
15. Seseragi-no-Komichi (Seseragi Path)
Seasonal Highlights/Experience Satoyama
Plants and Animals in the Park